QuickBooks requires Microsoft Internet Explorer version 6.0 or later
A message appears when attempting to open QuickBooks Desktop:
This version of QuickBooks requires Microsoft Internet Explorer version 6.0 (or later).
The message can appear for either of the following reasons:
- Internet Explorer is turned off in the Turn Windows features on or off.
- The version of Internet Explorer installed on the computer is earlier than version 6.0.
- There is an incorrect Windows registry key.
Step 1: Turn windows feature on/off
- On your keyboard, press + R to open the Run window.
- Enter Control Panel and click OK.
- Click Programs and Features and select Turn Windows Feature On or Off.
- Scroll down, find and select the box for Internet Explorer X (where X is 6 pr later).
Click OK to close Turn Windows Feature On or Off.
Note: You will be prompted to reboot your computer to apply the changes.
Step 2: Verify the version of Internet Explorer
- Start Internet Explorer.
From the Help menu, select About Internet Explorer.
Note: If Help is not available on your IE, press the Alt key once to show the hidden menu.
The first characters of the version number must be 6.0 or higher.
- If the installed version of IE is earlier that 6.0, download and install a newer version from Microsoft Download Center
- If the IE version is 6.0 or later, proceed to the next section.
Solution 2: Correct Windows Registry Key
Important: The computer's registry should only be edited by a qualified computer professionals. Editing the registry incorrectly can damage your installed programs or the Windows operating system itself. Contact your system/network administrator, a local computer consultant or Microsoft for more information
QuickBooks Desktop is looking for the following registry keys and values. Edit as necessary with the help of a specialist in this field.
- Registry Key: HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer Value: Version = Version number entered must be greater than 6.0
- Registry Key: HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppPaths\Iexplore.exe Value: (Default) = C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe (or any valid path to iexplore.exe)
Solution 3: Edit qbw.ini
Location: C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QuickBooks (Year)
- Right-click the qbw.ini file and select Open With.
- Choose Notepad and click OK.
- Locate the [Misc] section of the qbw.ini file. If the section does not exist, add it to the bottom of the file.
- Enter IEVersionOverride=600 below the [Misc] section heading on a new line.
- From the File menu, select Save and close Notepad.
QuickBooks Payroll Update Issue
QuickBooks Payroll Error - PS033, PS077, PS034, PS038 Ensure that the users Intuit payroll subscription is in good standing, and that QuickBooks is updated to its latest version. Fix 1: Have user go to: Employees / My Payroll Service / Manage ...
QuickBooks Error 3100
QuickBooks software is one of the most sophisticated accounting software that has garnered popularity amongst bookkeepers and accountants all across the world. However, despite being so professionally sound and catering high level of businesses, the ...
QuickBooks Error 3371
When we register or open QuickBooks, we see one of these error messages: Could not initialize license properties. Error 3371: QuickBooks could not load the license data. This may be caused by missing or damaged files. Could not initialize license ...
QuickBooks Has Stopped working .
How to resolve “QuickBooks has stopped working” error? Have QuickBooks file has stopped responding suddenly? If Yes then you too are a victim of QuickBooks corruption like others. Sometime when you try to open QuickBooks file, you receive below error ...
Error 1646 when installing QuickBooks
When installing QuickBooks Premier on a computer where QuickBooks Pro of the same year is installed, or when installing QuickBooks Accountant on a computer that already has a Premier installation of the same year, you may receive this error: Error ...